The Hallway

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Hallway

Post  Cali Knight on October 24th 2011, 5:02 pm

"Of course... I'd prefer it in fact Miela" Cali allowed just a hint of warmth to enter her tone as she spoke to the other girl. Already her mind was thinking of ways to find out this girls history without revealing much of her own. Of course most of it was pointless, her own up bringing made it so she knew the value of secrets and unless provoked would never dig for others… however there is a distinct difference in digging and 'stumbling across information'. She couldn't repress the slight smirk that crossed her lips at the thought.

"Thank you Miela, I fear I may be more turned around than I thought.". Cali smiled almost warmly as se gestured for Miela to lead the way.
Cali Knight

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Miela on October 24th 2011, 6:11 pm

Seeing a slight smirk run across Cali's face in less then half a second, Miela's guard went up. Growing up in secretive environment where the slightest slip could mean extermination of the entire clan, Miela was never one to reveal anymore then absolutely necessary. However, a second later, Cali was facing her with a warm smile and Miela mentally shook herself, while telling herself not to be so suspicious of everyone. The whole point of coming to Hogwarts was to live a normal life, and going around thinking everyone is your enemy and that they are out to kill you is definitely not the way to go.

Smiling back at Cali, Miela proceeded to lead the shortest route to the library, while pointing out stationary objects that could be used as a guide to navigate the massive castle. Along the way, Miela decide to make small talk and said "So Cali, what make you transfer this late?"
Miela
Sixth Year

View user profile http://hyakki-miela.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Cali Knight on October 24th 2011, 6:37 pm

Cali was just beginning to think she might actually come to like Miela's company as she walked beside her, looking to the landmarks the other girl was pointing out. Her voice was soft in the corridor and except for the stone Walls and drab decorations, if she closed her eyes she could almost imagine she were back in the Hot Spring inn her family had visited several times. It was comforting in a way to have such a slight connection to the place she had called home for so long.

And then Miela had asked that question. That bloody question she herself had asked every night since the news broke. All the pain, anger, hurt, confusion and bitterness came flooding into her heart again like a tsunami and shocked her back into the present. It was enough to make her scream, to make her want to lash out and hurt something, anything, to destroy.

And just as quickly it passed, her emotions settled, bottled away within her heart as if they had never been.

"It was simply time to come home Miela… that is all" she answered with a sad smile and her voice sounded fake and hollow to her own ears as it echoed softly down the hall.
Cali Knight

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Miela on October 27th 2011, 3:39 pm

Pain crossed Cali's face for a split second and Miela knew she had hit a raw nerve. Her reply made it all the more worst, because Miela felt like she could completely relate to how the other girl felt. And it definitely wasn't pleasant.

Pausing slightly, Miela turned to Cali and looked at her straight in the eye, trying to convey emotions that could not be said to the other girl who had came to this place unknown to her and definitely not out of her own free will. "I am sorry." was all Miela could say, before resuming the tour like nothing had happen. She hoped Cali would forgive her for the question as she felt that Cali was the first person she met in Hogwarts that she could relate and maybe be good friends with.

Trying to find a neutral ground to talk about, Miela decided school related stuff could be fine. Although Cali was in Slytherin, Miela was never a part of or had been too concerned with the inter-house fight, so she didn't bother going there, instead, "So which classes are you taking?" was what Miela said.
Miela
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Cali Knight on October 29th 2011, 8:37 pm

(Sorry it took so long for me to relpy...work has been mental this week...barely had time to eat and sleep before I'm back in.)

Cali was shocked by the Miela's apology...and by the pure sincerity in it. Then there were her eye's, eye's which said she knew exactly what it was like to be ripped from the life you had known and thrown into somewhere so foreign it might as well have been another planet. It took her a moment to realize what it was...empathy...the ability to understand how and share another's feelings and it seemed so strange to her that she would find such a rare thing from a girl she barely knew a thousand miles from her home.

Taking a deep breath she took her place beside Miela as she continued on with the tour, acting as if everything was fine and Cali knew then and there that she could most certainly like the Gryffindor beside her.

"Every class I could, I signed up for everything bar Divination... but I hope to convince Madam Pomfrey to teach me healing as well. What about you?" Cali smiled warmly at Miela, trying to show that she wasn't such as mess as to be unable to hold a normal conversation.
Cali Knight

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Miela on October 31st 2011, 6:39 am

[No worries, I had a hectic week as well ^^]

"I took everything except for Arithmancy, I was never really good with numbers, but I rather like Divination, though I wouldn't say it's my favorite subject. I didn't know you could get Madam Pomfrey to teach you healing as well, I would much rather like learning the Western way of healing." Miela replied, while deeply happy that Cali didn't seem to be mad at her.
Miela
Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Angela Braddock on November 17th 2011, 8:32 am

So Ange is here talking to Louis. She is leaning up against the wall, smiling and chatting animatedly about quidditch, classes, the N.E.W.T.S., you get the picture. They've been friends for a while, and are just catching up with each other's lives. Learning about how Louis has an amazing girlfriend named Emily who is from Hufflepuff. All that good stuff.
Angela Braddock
Sixth Year

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dean Thomas on November 17th 2011, 8:35 am

Dean is walking along, humming to himself when he stops dead in his tracks. Further down the hallway he sees Angela talking, no, flirting with some guy. He felt his insides boil and he marched over there with the most fake smile on his face. He stopped and stared directly at his best friend. "Hello, Angela." His voice was a little tight and he refused to acknowledge the guy standing there.
Dean Thomas
Seventh Year

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Angela Braddock on November 17th 2011, 8:37 am

Ange pushed herself off the wall at Dean's arrival, smiling. "Hey Dean! You know Louis, right? He's in your year." she was oblivious to his jealousy
Angela Braddock
Sixth Year

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dean Thomas on November 17th 2011, 8:40 am

Dean spared a glance and did recognize the boy. He didn't know much about him, other than he was in Ravenclaw. "Yes I do. And how do you know him?" He was back to staring at Angela again.
Dean Thomas
Seventh Year

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Louis Weasley on November 17th 2011, 8:43 am

Louis glanced back and forth between Angela and Dean. He'd never spent a lot of time around the guy, but he seemed awfully upset about something. He raised an eyebrow "Ange and I play Quidditch together sometimes. We started about a year ago when we bumped into each other on the pitch." he said, answering Dean's question
Louis Weasley
Seventh Year

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dean Thomas on November 17th 2011, 8:45 am

Dean turned to Louis, trying his best to hide the glare there. He had no idea why he was so angry. "Funny. I would think as her best friend I would have heard about these little practice sessions." He looked back to Angela with a questioning look. Had she been dating someone behind his back. The thought made his protectiveness kick in, but there was something else. Dean didn't realize that he was jealous at the thought of her seeing someone else.
Dean Thomas
Seventh Year

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Angela Braddock on November 17th 2011, 8:48 am

At this, Ange also cocked an eyebrow. It wasn't like Dean to be so...well...angry. "It's not like it's a big deal Dean. We just hang out and catch up every once in a while. I'm sure I've mentioned it before..."
Angela Braddock
Sixth Year

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dean Thomas on November 17th 2011, 8:52 am

Dean's reply was short, and all feigned politeness vanished. "No you haven't." He turned back to Louis and put on the fake smile. "So sorry Louis, but do you think I could have some time with my Angypie here?" He sort of made it clear that there was only one answer to that question.
Dean Thomas
Seventh Year

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Louis Weasley on November 17th 2011, 9:12 am

Louis was a bit taken aback by Dean's slight rudeness. "Uh yea...alright then. I guess I'll see you around Ange. I'll say hi to Em for you." He waved and walked off.
Louis Weasley
Seventh Year

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Angela Braddock on November 17th 2011, 9:12 am

Ange's eyes went wide. She smiled and nodded a goodbye to Louis before rounding on Dean, smacking him on the arm. "What the bloody hell was that about?!"
Angela Braddock
Sixth Year

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dean Thomas on November 17th 2011, 9:15 am

Dean glared until Louis was completely out of ear shot before turning to Ange. "I can't believe you've been seeing someone behind my back! I have to find out like this. I thought we told each other everything!" Yes, Dean was being very irrational.
Dean Thomas
Seventh Year

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Angela Braddock on November 17th 2011, 9:18 am

Ange was literally bugging out now. "Are. You. Serious?! I am NOT seeing ANYONE! Louis is a friend. A friend who, might I add, has a GIRLFRIEND. Named EMILY."
Angela Braddock
Sixth Year

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dean Thomas on November 17th 2011, 9:19 am

Dean froze. "A...what? Then how come you were flirting with him!" Oh boys..they are so stupid.
Dean Thomas
Seventh Year

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Angela Braddock on November 17th 2011, 9:23 am

"I. Was. Not. Flirting!" she hit him on each word for emphasis, much like Hermione hitting Ron in HBP. "We were TALKING. Like NORMAL friends do. Catching up on each others lives!" She sighed in exasperation. "What is UP with you?!"
Angela Braddock
Sixth Year

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dean Thomas on November 17th 2011, 9:26 am

Dean jumped each time he was hit. "Hey! What the- Stop that!" He rubbed a spot where he was hit. "Anger control. And yes you were. Leaning into him and smiling all...dopey looking. I know flirting when I see it." And he was just going to pointedly ignore her question, because he had no idea himself.
Dean Thomas
Seventh Year

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Angela Braddock on November 17th 2011, 9:38 am

She looked at Dean like he was insane. "I was not flirting you idiot. I'd think you of all people would know that, being my best friend and all." She scoffed and rolled her eyes. "Seriously, what in Merlin's name has gotten into you?"
Angela Braddock
Sixth Year

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dean Thomas on November 17th 2011, 9:39 am

Dean rolled his eyes and crossed his arms over his chest. "Nothing. Just gotta watch out for you, right?" He laughed nervously and looked around the hall. He let a small sigh. "Look, sorry for being rude."
Dean Thomas
Seventh Year

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Angela Braddock on November 17th 2011, 9:49 am

She raised an eyebrow, "You're kidding...right? That was ridiculous Dean! You can't be like that every time I talk to a guy!"
Angela Braddock
Sixth Year

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dean Thomas on November 17th 2011, 9:53 am

Dean shuffles his feet nervously. He had been thinking a lot lately, but he always pushed the thoughts away because there was no way he had feelings other than friendship for Ange. No way. "I won't. I'm sorry. I was just taken by surprise I suppose." He felt his neck get hot and thanked Merlin that he couldn't blush.
Dean Thomas
Seventh Year

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top