Post  Draco Malfoy on November 20th 2010, 7:55 pm

BECAUSE PANSY MADE ME THINK

I CALL SCABIOR. DIBS DIBS DIBS.

View user profile http://skylinepassion.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: CLAIMING CHARACTERS FOR 3.0

Post  Ginny Weasley on November 20th 2010, 7:57 pm

Too early for this shit.
We have a freaking year....and I think we should focus on 2.0 and not this at ALL.
Ginny Weasley
Sixth Year

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Draco Malfoy on November 20th 2010, 7:58 pm

I just wanted to stake that claim. hehehehe

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on November 20th 2010, 8:05 pm

James Sirius Potter wrote:Too early for this shit.
We have a freaking year....and I think we should focus on 2.0 and not this at ALL.

Back to top Go down

Post  Fleur Delacour - Inactive on November 20th 2010, 8:56 pm

WELL I'M NOT GOING TO WORRY ABOUT THIS
BUT IN CASE I EVER DO
I CLAIM FLEUR
ALWAYS
THAT IS ALL

Fleur Delacour - Inactive
Seventh Year

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin on November 20th 2010, 9:03 pm

Woah..it is a bit early for this. XD
*cough*istotallyclaimingRemusofcourseagainthoughforeverandever*cough*
Remus Lupin
Sixth Year

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucy Weasley on November 21st 2010, 6:40 am

Yup. Wayyyy too early. Live in the moment, dudeeeeeeeeessssssss.
Lucy Weasley
Seventh Year

View user profile http://cindy-lou-who.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Nikki Orwell on November 21st 2010, 6:46 am

IcalldibsonAndromedaBlack.
Nikki Orwell
Sixth Year

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Angela Braddock on November 21st 2010, 7:11 am

Sirius Black wrote:
James Sirius Potter wrote:Too early for this shit.

AGREED. holy fuck people. i barely have enough drama for TWO point 0 let alone trying to figure out a fucking THREE point 0...js. in any case...i might want an actual character next time around i just don't know who
Angela Braddock
Sixth Year

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Molly Prewett on November 21st 2010, 7:11 am

I imagine character claim for 3.0 will work exactly as it did for 2.0 - the characters which we already hold and use will remain ours if we so choose. Characters up for grabs will be those ones not used, or never claimed to begin with.

I'd just like to say, though, that I very much agree with those people who are suggesting it's WAY too early to be thinking about 3.0. I even feel that we started planning for 2.0 too early. Personally I found it quite frustrating that people abandoned 1.0 because they knew it wouldn't last, it was a pretty common complaint from people that things were boring but I feel like a big part of that was because we were all so focused on 2.0 and how awesome it would be that 1.0 wasn't given any effort anymore. It just sort of... limped into the stables, and that's sad. I'd hate to see 2.0 end with a whimper rather than a bang as well. Also, a lot can change in a few months - look at how many of our plans have mutated, exploded, or even fizzled and died because they just didn't translate into reality for whatever reason. It seems kind of wasteful to me to spend so much time plotting and planning and dreaming and sacrificing the fun that could be had in the present, especially when things change so quickly.

Just my long-winded two cents' worth.

Molly Prewett
Ringmaster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Viktor Krum - Inactive on November 21st 2010, 7:14 am

Molly Prewett wrote:I imagine character claim for 3.0 will work exactly as it did for 2.0 - the characters which we already hold and use will remain ours if we so choose. Characters up for grabs will be those ones not used, or never claimed to begin with.

I'd just like to say, though, that I very much agree with those people who are suggesting it's WAY too early to be thinking about 3.0. I even feel that we started planning for 2.0 too early. Personally I found it quite frustrating that people abandoned 1.0 because they knew it wouldn't last, it was a pretty common complaint from people that things were boring but I feel like a big part of that was because we were all so focused on 2.0 and how awesome it would be that 1.0 wasn't given any effort anymore. It just sort of... limped into the stables, and that's sad. I'd hate to see 2.0 end with a whimper rather than a bang as well. Also, a lot can change in a few months - look at how many of our plans have mutated, exploded, or even fizzled and died because they just didn't translate into reality for whatever reason. It seems kind of wasteful to me to spend so much time plotting and planning and dreaming and sacrificing the fun that could be had in the present, especially when things change so quickly.

Just my long-winded two cents' worth.

THIS. I agree completely.
Viktor Krum - Inactive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Draco Malfoy on November 21st 2010, 7:16 am

Chillax guyssssss I wasn't trying to start anything serious.

Back to top Go down

Post  Pansy Parkinson-Malfoy on November 21st 2010, 7:33 am

MY GOODNESS, SORRY THAT I HAD A DREAM ABOUT 3.0 AND FELT THE NEEX TO SHARE IT AND STARTED THIS NONSENSE.
I MEAN, WE'RE ONLY 3 MONTHS INTO 2.0. WE ARE SO NOT CLAIMING PEOPLE YET. YOU MIGHT HATE WHO YOU HAVE BY THE END OF 2.0, WHO THE HELL KNOWS.
No more 3.0 dreams from me, nope.
Pansy Parkinson-Malfoy
Seventh Year

View user profile http://www.itsparkinson.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Fleur Delacour - Inactive on November 21st 2010, 5:06 pm

LET'S TAKE OUR MIND OFF ALL THIS BY WATCHING THIS FANTABULOUS VIDEO

Seventh Year

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fleur Delacour - Inactive on January 17th 2011, 6:03 am

This has nothing to do with claiming characters for 3.0, but it does have something to do with characters for 3.0 because I do have something I'd like to say about it and it does have something to do with my absence at the beginning of the semester and also encouraging new members.

Okay, so I know that there are some people who used to participate in 2.0 and no longer are, but I also know that some of those people hold a large amount of characters. Here's why I personally think 2.0 didn't last as long as 1.0 and why it wasn't as "fun" for some people. I think the planning was a key factor, but I also think that there wasn't a lot to work with since many of the characters were taken, but not being used. It makes it hard when people's characters interact together in canon and people want to interact with said characters. Like, I know that I wasn't here in the first semester and I'm not saying that I wasn't an offender (because I was), but it's because of this that I think the limit on characters should be re-enacted. I thought the idea that people should be limited to two characters made a lot of sense because I've noticed that people become attached to a very small number of characters. I'm attached to Fleur, most definitely, but I hardly ever roleplayed with George whereas I do roleplay with both Fleur and Claire. It makes sense that people could take, perhaps, one main character and a supporting character. That way when I repeatedly advertise the forum, people will see there are a lot of familiar characters available.

I don't know if this makes sense and I KNOW some people won't agree, but I think it'd be a whole lot easier if we brought back the two character limit. I mean, on the blue forum we were only allowed to have one and we were fine, why can't we limit ourselves again? *shrugs* I don't know. It's just something I've thought about...

Seventh Year

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pansy Parkinson-Malfoy on January 17th 2011, 6:07 am

Elise, are you a seer?
Are you related to Trelawney?
Yep, this is being brought back for 3.0.
Some certain new rules as far as characters go, limits on the amounts of canons allowed per person, rules for frequency of RP, all those kinds of good things.
This way, the characters needed for interaction with others, things will work better hopefully in 3.0.
Pansy Parkinson-Malfoy
Seventh Year

View user profile http://www.itsparkinson.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Molly Prewett on January 17th 2011, 6:10 am

*nods*

Elise if you take a look at the updated RP rules which I posted last week, and sent a newsletter to all email accounts about, you'll see that in 3.0 there will be a limit of characters for each user. Also, a lot of what the Mod team has been doing with updating rules etc. has been working towards making sure that things are fair for the greatest number of people, which means keeping tabs on which accounts are going unused etc.

Molly Prewett
Ringmaster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fleur Delacour - Inactive on January 17th 2011, 6:27 am

OH!
WELL OKAY!

Thanks. XD I just thought I'd get that opinion out there because I've been feeling it for awhile, but I'm glad it's been addressed already. <3

Seventh Year

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top