The Hallway

Page 41 of 43 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42, 43  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Hallway

Post  Guest on August 10th 2010, 5:13 am

"So I've heard. That's a good thing," he said simply, not particularly minding as he knows that Remus would only appreciate if it he helped to keep his wife in good spirits. "And the moon? How has she been coping? I'm correct in assuming you didn't try the potion I'd given Remus?" he asked curiously, not having questioned Remus.

Back to top Go down

Post  Molly Prewett on August 10th 2010, 5:24 am

"It is a good thing," Hermione agrees quietly. At his next line of questioning, she glances over at him, completely unashamed and unembarrassed to admit the truth. What else could he have expected, really? "She's coping better with the moon. You're right - I didn't try your potion. I'd already been to the Hospital Wing to speak to Joel, he'd given me something for her. From what I can gather from the smell, colouring and texture, the two potions are a little different but clearly belong to the same family. Joel's potion keeps her much calmer. If it hadn't worked, we'd have revisited the issue of yours," she says, completely matter-of-fact.

Molly Prewett
Ringmaster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on August 10th 2010, 5:28 am

Severus nodded. "I expected as much. Remus failed to mention he already had one, and I did not want your child to suffer needlessly, so I provided what I could. I am glad she deals better," he said, not in the least surprised. "Joel knows what he's doing. He's a good man," he remarked, thinking of the times he'd been helped by him, or aided him in some way.

Back to top Go down

Post  Molly Prewett on August 10th 2010, 5:41 am

"Remus forgot - he was still fairly unused to functioning without sleep, and I guess it's just human nature to latch onto anything that might possibly help when your child is suffering. Joel is a good man," Hermione says, because she and Snape have that in common, too. Which Hermione finds an infinitely less awkward common ground than the fact that they've both slept with Hermione's husband. "Joel's a good friend - he's been there with us through a lot. I remember you and he worked well together..."

Molly Prewett
Ringmaster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on August 10th 2010, 5:45 am

"We did, though I much prefer not having to work there at all. The last time I was there was not the most pleasant of experiences, though certainly not the worst as far as injuries go. I fear he must be angry with me; I hadn't let him touch Pansy, having wanted to tend to her myself. He wasn't pleased, to say the least, but neither was I rational at the time. You of all people surely understand irrationality," he said with a humorless laugh.

Back to top Go down

Post  Molly Prewett on August 10th 2010, 5:50 am

Hermione's eyes flash a little at being called irrational, but she's forced to concede the point. When it comes to Remus, and Kiora, and either one of them being in pain, rationality can go fuck itself for all Hermione cares, because Mama Bear is going to take care of what's hers. She chews her lip a little in thought. Pansy? Snape and Parkinson were that close? Hadn't she gone and married Malfoy though? Were they just really that close as friends? "I don't think anyone ever actually finds working in there a pleasant experience. I suppose sometimes instinct just kicks in, and leaves no room for rational thought. Did Parkinson end up there after the duel? You two must be close," she comments.

Molly Prewett
Ringmaster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on August 10th 2010, 5:57 am

"She did. That Bulgarian thug-- no, not the one who seems to like sticking his dick in whiny shemales, the other one-- was an idiot and brough muggle weapons in. In a place like Hogwarts, that's just madness. It exploded and badly injured both himself and my Pansy," he said, not realizing he'd referred to her as 'his' again, as no one has pointed out to him that he does that, honestly. "We are close," he said after a moment of silent contemplation. "She's the best friend I've ever had, including Lily. She's done for me what no one else ever would," he recalled with a rather sad looking smile, thinking of all that Pansy had done for him, from the night he'd run away to Hogsmeade and she'd seeked him out, to the night on the tower, to all the times she'd fought a duel for him, and to the chocolate frogs he'd brought him when he was down- there was no end to the things she'd done for him, the way she showed that she cared.

Back to top Go down

Post  Molly Prewett on August 10th 2010, 6:03 am

"'Your Pansy'," Hermione murmurs, almost to herself, because that seems just a tad odd. Or maybe it was just a term of endearment. Still, Hermione would match her friendship with Viktor against the best of them, and she'd never claim ownership to him like that. Remus and Kiora were 'hers'. "I was astounded muggle weapons were bought into Hogwarts, really. It's disconcerting that there were no checks and boundaries in place that stopped that right from the outset."

Molly Prewett
Ringmaster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on August 10th 2010, 6:08 am

"It's madness, and it's cowardice. To fight like a muggle," he said with distaste, though he's prejudiced given he's useless in a muggle fight. "Once the wands are out, it's simply wrong, to do something like that, regardless of safety concerns. The same way it would be wrong to pull out a wand in a fist fight. Some people have no sense of honor," he said, and Hermione might recall a certain Sirius Black saying the same thing about his fight with Tolga some months ago. "I have to say, this was hardly my first experience with muggle guns, but it was most certainly the worst," he said, recalling his father.

Back to top Go down

Post  Molly Prewett on August 10th 2010, 6:15 am

"I don't think there's anything more wrong with fighting like a muggle than fighting like a wizard. But yes - I don't see any honour in using wands or guns to gain an unfair advantage once a fight has started. I suppose sometimes people think it's not about honour, but winning. Or maybe just survival," she muses, then glances curiously at him out of the corner of her eye. "I'd had no experience with guns before meeting Tolga once," she says, unable to hide the unasked question in her voice.

Molly Prewett
Ringmaster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on August 10th 2010, 6:26 am

"In that duel, it was neither about winning or survival, but a show of power. An unnecessary one at that. That entire duel was unnecessary, and a matter of miscommunication and the undying need for a fight in both Pansy and Tolga, and loyalty of friends. I bear no love for the Bulgarian Bon Bon, but I respect his defense of his friend," he remarked as they continued walking. He sees the question on her face and shrugs, having nothing to hide. "My father is a muggle, with no love for anything beyond his liquor and his guns. I've seen enough of them to know the damage they can do. Only a fool would underestimate a muggle or his weapons. Unfortunately, this school is full of fools."

Back to top Go down

Post  Pansy Parkinson-Malfoy on August 10th 2010, 6:28 am

[Just read this and said aww and nearly teared up. Since when am I getting sappy? But really, Pansy and Sev have been awesome friends since the start. I might actually really miss it in 2.0. But then I read your last post and Pansy's stomping around saying she's not a fool who needs to show her power. But... she really is, daft girl.]
Pansy Parkinson-Malfoy
Seventh Year

View user profile http://www.itsparkinson.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on August 10th 2010, 6:31 am

[He meant the guns being a show of power, not Pansy. Everyone knows Pansys's got power O_O CAN SNAPE AND PANSY TALK? INNER SNAPE HAS BEEN SULKING ABOUT NOT TALKING TO YOU. HE MISSES YOU. OH DEAR GOD HE IS NOW MADLY IN LOVE WITH PANSY HE NEEDS TO STOP LIKE NOW. -hits inner snape-]

Back to top Go down

Post  Pansy Parkinson-Malfoy on August 10th 2010, 6:33 am

[Sure. I'm bored out of my mind and need to think about things other than what is currently ransacking my brain. Where to?]
Pansy Parkinson-Malfoy
Seventh Year

View user profile http://www.itsparkinson.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Molly Prewett on August 10th 2010, 6:33 am

"Miscommunication," she repeats, her cheeks heating a little as she recalls the pretty spectacular bitching out she'd given Snape over the whole thing. Boy, is Hermione's face red now! "I didn't know that," she says, referring to both the information about the duel, and about Snape's home life. "I've always perceived a general trend of wizards to underestimate muggles," she says. "I've always wondered if it's that many wizards have no real understanding of muggle culture, or if they're simply too convinced of their own superiority to see any merit in finding out."

Molly Prewett
Ringmaster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on August 10th 2010, 6:42 am

"One would assume you didn't know. There are few people I know that choose to admit their ignorance until it is blatantly shoved in their face. As much as it may surprise you, I have no love of fighting. I simply do what I can in self defense, unless someone I care about has been hurt. I feel I am correct in saying you are no different," he remarked, ignoring her red face. "I spoke to Remus earlier, and I shall repeat what I told him to you. I had no intentions of hurting that pathetic child this whole mess started over. In fact, I never touched him. His injuries were the result of an unfortunate accident and a great deal of alcohol, as well as a good amount of stupidity on his part." Severus paused to think about her other words. "Both, I suppose. In Slytherin there is honestly more superiority complexes than in other houses, but the ignorance is true for all wizards, particularly purebloods. They are as ignorant of muggle culture as a muggleborn is of the wizarding world. They cannot be wholly blamed for their actions."

Back to top Go down

Post  Molly Prewett on August 10th 2010, 6:55 am

Hermione chews it all over, wondering when Severus Snape became such a bloody martyr, but recognising the truth in his words - she's no different. She'll fight back for herself, but she'll attack for her loved ones. "I suppose it's partially because Slytherin has a reputation for actively valuing the purity of blood," she shrugs, finally deciding to let bygones be bygones as far as their discussion of the duel goes. His abrupt manner still rankles her, but she figures there's little to be gained from taking offence to it - he's unlikely to change, least of all for her comfort. "But I don't think muggleborns are entirely comparable that way. I mean, muggleborns generally don't stand outside the wizarding world making no attempt to understand what they're judging. It's more a case of getting thrown right in and trying to figure it out as best you can."

Molly Prewett
Ringmaster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on August 10th 2010, 7:01 am

"You forget. Muggleborns have no choice, if they want to fit in. If they wish to be a part of wizarding culture, they had damned well respect it, least of all attempt to understand it, or they'll be cast out. Wizards have no such restrictions, and do as they please, choosing superiority and ignorance in what is often a succesful attempt to feel better about themselves by putting others down. Everyone does it, be it in their words towards muggleborns, to those of other houses, other races, half breeds- it matters not. Prejudice will always be there, regardless of culture and regardless of blood. Only the intelligent bother to look past common stereotypes and bias to see the true value of a man or thing, so as to understand it and not make the mistake of underestimating it. Or overestimating it, I suppose, in some cases," he replied, taking no note of her unease.

Back to top Go down

Post  Molly Prewett on August 10th 2010, 6:09 pm

Hermione looks away again. "Is everything in your world so cynical?" she asks, because Mya's brain is a bit fail and she just doesn't have the energy to post a detailed response outlining all the ideological differences between Snape and Hermione right there.

Molly Prewett
Ringmaster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on August 10th 2010, 6:59 pm

Severus laughs a little at that, shaking his head. "I would have thought you of all people would understand realism. Have you ever seen anything to the contrary, Hermione? This world is rotten. There is still good in it- all one must do is look at a child such as your own, or nature, whatever little of it has not yet been corrupted. But there is precious little good left. This world is full of anger and hatred and pollution, at least all of the world that I have seen. So I suppose yes, would be my answer. Everything in my world is so cynical because I have yet to see evidence to the contrary."

Back to top Go down

Post  Molly Prewett on August 10th 2010, 7:08 pm

Hermione's a little taken aback at the laugh, she smiles a moment, but it's quickly replaced with a thoughtful frown. "Realism? Sure, I understand it. I just choose optimism over cynicism whenever I can. You're right - there is so much wrong, and rotten, and poisonous in the world, but there's more than just a little good. I'm certain of it. I don't believe that the only good things in this world are simply those that have yet to be corrupted."

Molly Prewett
Ringmaster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on August 10th 2010, 7:25 pm

"Is that so? Then tell me, Hermione, what untainted good do you believe in? I'm rather curious myself, as to what you believe is protected from pollution and corruption," he remarked, looking at her with amusement.

Back to top Go down

Post  Molly Prewett on August 10th 2010, 7:35 pm

"Nothing is protected from it. Merlin, Snape, it's not that some things are uncorruptible, it's that they resist. Everything is tainted, even a little, in the end - the only way to avoid it is to leave something untouched, unchanging, unused and unexplored. But take people, for example - we've all got our good and our bad and there's no denying it. But we can choose to resist the corruption, at least, can't we?" she asks.

Molly Prewett
Ringmaster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on August 10th 2010, 7:46 pm

"You can try, but we all fuck up in the end, don't we?" he said, looking up at her with distaste once more, recalling that disgusting incident with Hermione and Draco, and even more repulsive, his own entire relationship with Remus. "Sometimes resistance is futile, and other times, it works. But I suppose yes, we can choose to at least try," he replied, sighing in relief as Hermione neared her destination. "You'll be fine now. Goodbye," he said, turning away and swiftly making his way back down the corridor, unsure what to make of this strange concept of a civil, if not pleasant, conversation with Hermione.

Back to top Go down

Post  Molly Prewett on August 10th 2010, 7:57 pm

Hermione feels his distasteful gaze on her, and meets it with her own unwelcoming stare. She doesn't speak until he's turned on his heel and started to walk away, because she figures there's just no seeing eye to eye with some people, and for her, that's Severus Snape. "Goodbye," she says, and continues on alone, her head full of interesting new thoughts and observations so that she barely registers the rest of her journey.

Molly Prewett
Ringmaster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 41 of 43 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42, 43  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top